Ella’s Birthday – one year ago

I know it’s been forever – I just can’t get my act together with blogging.  However, I do want to update on Ella’s 1st birthday, but wanted to go back and document her birth day so I have it recorded somewhere.  My due date with Ella was April 14th and I was hoping baby girl would stay put at least until the 15th.  I thought this was a reasonable request since Owen was 5 days late.  As a teacher with TAKS just around the corner, I was wanting to get in as much time as possible with my students.  I went for my 38 week appointment on Thursday, the 31st of March.  My doctor told me she didn’t think I’d make it more than a week.  I was already at a 4 – yikes!  I went to school Friday and decided I better have everything ready just in case.  I let my students make predictions on when they thought Ella would arrive.  Some guessed that day and of course, I thought they were crazy.  I had asked Owen this same question on Thursday and he said in 2 days (which turned out to be right).  Friday afternoon, Owen and I played on the play ground for a couple of hours and then went and stopped by to see Tommy.  He was getting his hair cut and Owen wanted to watch.  So, we went there and then I told Tommy I had to come home that I was so tired and not feeling great.  We came home, Tommy started mowing, etc.  About 8:30 or so, I went outside and told TOmmy I thought I was having contractions.  They weren’t hurting, so I wasn’t convinced.  I never had contractions with Owen or Ella before I went into labor.  I called the doctor – of course my doctor wasn’t on call that weekend.  I was super sad because she didn’t deliver Owen either.  Tommy went into get the house ready mode and cleaned the kitchen and vaccuumed all before going to bed at 1 am.  At 2:15 I woke up and my water had broken.  Tommy’s brother came over and stayed here so we wouldn’t have to get Owen up.  Then, Tommy and I headed to the hospital.  We got there around 3:30.  Got checked in and Tommy texted our friends Jonas and Tricia because they were at Baylor having their little boy.  She had been induced Friday night.  We had talked about how fun it would be to be there together, but didn’t think it would really happen.  Got an epidural around 5 or 6 – 7 centimeters and then by 8 I was at a 10 ready to go.  We then had to just wait on my doctor – Dr Fields got there and Ella was born at 9:18 am.  It was such an easy delivery compared to Owen’s.  I couldn’t believe how fast it was.  12 days early and still weighed 7 lbs 15 oz.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: